Choosing the right commercial entrance matting can be daunting with so many options, these are the 4 key things to consider.
Visitors generally do not wipe their feet thoroughly or at all. The objective is to have as large as mat as possible or better still a system of complimenting doormats. Outside, in the lobby area and in the reception.
Your lobby mat may be a fitted doormat of some sort. However, you already know on bad weather days this struggles to keep up. A few extra loose laid commercial entrance matting mats can be the perfect solution.
Outdoors, is the area covered?
- Yes. These are excellent opportunities to place a carpet based entrance mat. Perhaps a logo mat ( Morland Access Myriad Logo Mat ) or one which incorporates a scraper fibre (monofilament) ( Morland Access Max )
- No. Then a rubber scraper mat is an excellent choice. Ideal to remove the larger dirt and debris before visitors enter the building. Morland Access Approach is an ideal choice
Time of day
During the rush hour, when the building occupiers are arriving, the footfall is at its greatest. On a rainy day, the entrance can look very grim particularly by 9 am. You need to have things looking good as the first building visitors arrive.
As people enter, chatting carrying coffee or generally busy in their thoughts they often don’t wipe their feet sufficiently. Lobby mats are often too small. Dirt and water are deposited on the floors in the building, as other follow, they carry this dirt further into the building,
Size of Mats
For the first couple of hours lay out a long ‘runner mat’ this is ideal. Once everybody is at their desk; remove it to be vacuumed later once dry. This is a quick way of ensuring your reception looks great for when the first visitor arrives.
Bring it back in the evening lay it out, vacuum and it’s ready for the next day
Have more than one mat
First impressions do count. You have only 7 seconds in which your visitor may determine many things about your building and consequently the organisations that operate there. Having quality commercial entrance matting will make a difference.
Having a fresh mat available at 9am, perhaps a logo mat could make all the difference
In Summary – Commercial Entrance Matting
- Place a scraper mat outside the entrance.
- Time of day, Have an extra mat particularly on rainy days just for the morning rush hour.
- Consider the size, Longer is better, if not all day, then place it at the busiest time in the morning.
- Exchange the mat for a clean one after the rush and keep your entrance looking pristine
7 Seconds and your visitor will have made many assumptions about your building. Keep it looking good and your costs down.
See our complete Commercial Entrance Matting system here